What to Expect
Outside Lands offers a diverse lineup of music that caters to various tastes and genres encompassing rock, indie, electronic, hip-hop and more. With such an eclectic mix, the festival promises an unforgettable musical experience that appeals to a wide audience.
When it comes to satisfying your taste buds, Outside Lands doesn’t disappoint. The festival boasts over 100 food vendors and presents a multitude of culinary options to suit every palate. From savory delights to delectable desserts, you’ll find a wide array of flavors to indulge in. In addition, numerous bars and restaurants are scattered throughout the festival grounds, so you’ll stay well-nourished and hydrated throughout the event.
Beyond the music and food, Outside Lands offers a diverse range of activities to engage festival-goers. Comedy shows, captivating art installations, and the ever-popular silent disco are just a glimpse of the immersive experiences available to attendees. With these additional attractions, Outside Lands creates a dynamic and vibrant atmosphere that extends beyond the stages.
Outside Lands benefits from a stunning natural backdrop. The park’s lush greenery, adorned with majestic trees, vibrant flowers, and serene ponds, enhances the festival’s ambiance and provides a visually captivating setting for music enthusiasts and nature lovers alike.
One of the distinguishing characteristics of Outside Lands is its friendly and respectful atmosphere. Attendees generally display a considerate attitude towards one another’s personal space and belongings and contribute to a positive festival experience.
While attending Outside Lands, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Firstly, be prepared for large crowds as the festival attracts a substantial number of visitors. If you’re not accustomed to dense crowds, it’s essential to be mindful of this aspect. Additionally, San Francisco’s weather can be unpredictable, so it’s advisable to come prepared for various conditions, such as layering clothing and carrying rain gear.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that Outside Lands is a festival that comes with a price tag. Tickets, food, and drinks can be on the expensive side. It’s essential to plan your budget accordingly to fully enjoy the offerings of the festival without any financial surprises.
There are so many different performers at Outside Lands, but there are a few acts that you absolutely cannot miss:
- Kendrick Lamar: Kendrick Lamar is one of the most critically acclaimed and popular rappers in the world. He is known for his complex and thought-provoking lyrics, as well as his energetic live performances.
- Foo Fighters: The Foo Fighters are a legendary rock band with a huge catalog of hits. Their live shows are always a party.
- ODESZA: ODESZA is an electronic music duo who are known for their dreamy and atmospheric soundscapes. Their live performances display powerful visuals and their ability to create a sense of euphoria.
- Lana Del Rey: Lana Del Rey is a singer and songwriter who is known for her dark and atmospheric soundscapes. Her live performances are intimate, showcasing her ability to connect with the audience.
- The 1975: The 1975 is a British indie rock band with a catchy and synth-heavy sound. Their live shows are always a lot of fun.
- Megan Thee Stallion: Megan Thee Stallion is one of the most popular rappers in the world right now. Her live shows are energetic and empowering.
- Zedd: Zedd is a Grammy-winning electronic dance music producer. His live performances are full of energy and excitement.
- Janelle Monáe: Janelle Monáe is a talented singer, songwriter and actress. She provides entertainment that is a visual and auditory feast.
There are several different stages at Outside Lands, each with its own unique acts and atmosphere.
- Lands End: The Lands End stage is the main stage at Outside Lands. It’s located at the north end of the festival grounds and it’s the largest stage. The Lands End stage is typically reserved for the biggest names in music.
- Twin Peaks: The Twin Peaks stage is the second-largest stage at Outside Lands. It’s located in the center of the festival grounds and it’s a great place to see up-and-coming artists. The Twin Peaks stage is also known for its great sound quality.
- Sutro: The Sutro stage is the third-largest stage at Outside Lands. It’s located at the south end of the festival grounds and it’s a great place to see indie and electronic music artists. The Sutro stage also offers an intimate setting.
- SOMA Tent: The SOMA Tent is a smaller stage that’s located in the heart of the festival grounds. It’s a great place to see up-and-coming electronic music artists. The SOMA Tent is also known for its late-night programming.
- Bacardi Stage: The Bacardi Stage is a smaller stage that’s located in the middle of the festival grounds. It’s a great place to see up-and-coming hip-hop and R&B artists. The Bacardi Stage is sure to provide a lively atmosphere.
In addition to these stages, there are also several smaller stages and areas throughout the festival grounds. These stages feature a variety of different genres of music, as well as comedy, spoken word and other performances.
If you’re still feeling a little overwhelmed, don’t worry! Here is a suggested schedule for you that would allow you to take in everything Outside Lands has to offer!
- 11 am – Arrive at the festival and check in
- 12 pm – See Megan Thee Stallion at the Lands End stage
- 1 pm – Explore the festival grounds and check out the food vendors
- 2 pm – See The 1975 at the Twin Peaks stage
- 3 pm – Relax in the beer garden and enjoy a cold one
- 4 pm – See Zedd at the SOMA Tent
- 5 pm – See Janelle Monáe at the Lands End stage
- 6 pm – See Kendrick Lamar at the Lands End stage
- 11 am – Arrive at the festival and check in
- 12 pm – See Odesza at the Lands End stage
- 1 pm – Explore the festival grounds and check out the art installations
- 2 pm – See Lana Del Rey at the Twin Peaks stage
- 3 pm – Relax in the wine garden and enjoy a glass of wine
- 4 pm – See Foo Fighters at the Lands End stage
- 5 pm – See Diplo at the SOMA Tent
- 6 pm – See Porter Robinson at the Lands End stage
This is just a sample schedule, of course. You can adjust it to fit your interests and preferences. For example, if you’re not a fan of electronic music, you could skip the SOMA Tent and check out some of the other stages instead.
It’s also important to be flexible with your schedule. Things don’t always go according to plan at festivals, so be prepared to change things up if necessary. For example, if there’s a long line for the bathroom, you might want to skip your favorite artist’s set and come back later.
And remember, when you’re using one of GoCamp’s camper vans, it’s easy to get away for a quick break or snack whenever you want. You can start browning vans here.
Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the festival!